Click here for the 'Seeds of Eaden' seed shop
This recipe for pumpkin pie is easy to make and perfect for Halloween. Happing eating.
Sweet short crust pastry
450 g / 1lb prepared weight pumpkin flesh
1 oz / 275 ml double cream
1oz / 75g soft dark brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ level teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
½ tsp ground allspice
½ tsp ground cloves
½ tsp ground ginger
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Roll out the sweet crust pastry and line a dish 9 inch/23 cm diameter and 1½ inches/4 cm deep.
- Cut the pumpkin into 1 inch / 2.5 cm chunks. Steam the pumpkin for 20 minutes. Place in a coarse sieve and press lightly to extract any excess water.
- Lightly whisk the eggs together in a large bowl.
- Place the sugar, spices and the cream in a pan. Bring to simmering point and whisk to mix everything together. Then pour it over the eggs and whisk it again briefly.
- Add the pumpkin pureé and whisk thoroughly. Pour the filling into the pastry case and bake for 35-40 minutes until it puffs up round the edges but still feel slightly wobbly in the centre.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve chilled with whipped cream.
- For related articles click onto:
How to Grow Pumpkins from Seed
- How to make pastry
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin cupcakes
- Pumpkin Risotto recipe
- Recipe for pumpkin soup
- Recipe for pumpkin pie
- Recipe for pumpkin puree
What is Halloween?
- What is the difference between a squash, pumpkin and a gourd?